12 Jul 2016
We’re looking for a Mid-Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Technology team and work on exciting projects involving online video delivery.
As a valued member of the team, you would be responsible for building, supporting and improving the infrastructure for one of Australia’s leading video platform.
What you will be doing?
- Day to day administration and support of systems and applications (in a mixed Windows/Linux (Ubuntu) OS environment)
- Be the technical lead and deliver on Infrastructure programs which support Viocorp’s video platform
- Applying a disciplined approach to ensure the smooth running of a cloud based SaaS offering
- An escalation point for 2nd and 3rd level requests (incidents and service requests)
- Working with and within development teams to troubleshoot and design infrastructure solutions
- Support delivery teams through development and beyond, helping them design their infrastructure solutions
- Solid understanding of web architecture and tech (IIS, Apache, NGINX, CDN, Caching, Load Balancing)
- Scripting skills (PowerShell, Ruby, bash, python, PHP etc)
- Strong experience administering Linux OS (Ubuntu ideal)
- Strong troubleshooting methodologies
- A “DevOps” mindset that is willing to embrace new technologies and problem solving techniques
- Network routing and switching protocols
- Automation, Orchestration and configuration management tools
- Managing a mid to large scale cloud footprint
Ideally, you’d already also have:
- Experience with VOD and Live Streaming
- Been an Infrastructure technical lead on software development projects
- Experience working closely with software development teams
- Contributed to Open Source projects
- A basic understanding of Windows Server and suite of Server products (Systems Center, Active Directory, SQL Server, IIS, Sharepoint)
- A strong understanding of managing the Network stack and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSH, FTP, SMTP, IPSEC, VPN, BGP etc)
- An understanding of continuous integration principles and tools
- Ability to mentor/coach fellow team members
Our Ideal Candidate
You are passionate about finding simple solutions to complex problems and also have the ability to think outside the square. You are well experienced in building and supporting complex networks and infrastructure solutions for the enterprise and client facing systems
Why work here
Viocorp has a brand new office right next to Town Hall Station, no suit required (board shorts and thongs are fine), and a flexible working environment. We’re fully cloud based, use the Microsoft stack but are flexible enough to think about other approaches. We also have free beer on Fridays! If this sounds like you and a place you’d like to work, give us a shout – we’d love to hear from you!
Head of Infrastructure & IT Operations
If you fit the brief, send your CV to email@example.com and you could be joining one of the fastest growing digital media organisations.