05 Jan 2017
Do you have a thirst to learn? Are you proactive and a great team player? We’re moving very quickly to become the standard enterprise video platform in Australia, and have started our international expansion. As we scale, we need a passionate Lead Test Engineer to help us achieve it.
Building a great product and delighting customers are our drive. We believe quality is key and the earlier we think about it, the better. Everyone is responsible for quality and the role of our QA team is to infuse a quality-oriented culture within the team.
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with a passion for quality and an interest in the video digital space. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills. You will co-ordinate the test team working across product teams.
You strive to make the user experience as smooth as possible. You will work as part of development teams and will see yourself as part of them, not an external function. You will be comfortable driving improvements in the existing QA processes and will provide support to the rest of the team.
- Plan and test sprint outputs (stories/bugs) as well as regression testing.
- Proactively provide feedback to developers early and often on ways to keep quality at check with the features they are working on.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owner, Engineering and Test Teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives.
- Influence and improve test automation practices.
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “Smoke Screen” testing.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Jira.
- Manual and automation testing.
- Co-ordinate and lead the test team (no line management).
- At least 5 years Testing experience or 3 if coming from a software development background (ISTQB certification is desirable).
- Experience in web testing, ideally web SaaS and/or web-based applications.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver (preferably using C#).
- Good understanding of HTML.
- API testing experience.
- Ability to use browser inspect and console to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience testing across devices (desktop and mobile), responsive websites and accessibility (WCAG).
- Agile development using Scrum with frequent releases (we release every 2 weeks).
- Automation of API tests.
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks such as Nunit, Junit, TestNG, Xunit.
- Being an ex-developer will be an advantage.
Why work here
Viostream has a brand new office right next to Town Hall Station, no suit required, and we
have a friendly and flexible working environment. We’re fully cloud based, use the Microsoft
stack but are flexible enough to think about other approaches. If this soundslike you and a
place you’d like to work, give us a shout – we’d love to hear from you!
If you fit the brief, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be joining one of the fastest growing digital media organisations.